Thursday, May 19, 2016

Happy Birthday Pat! May 20th!

Ajijic
Maine?

Snowville, New Hamsphire

Carlsbad, California


HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!   

Wonder what you'd be doing for your birthday this year...

I was thinking of how you used to try to get us to remember where we were on past holidays as we  celebrated that year - which made me pick these pictures out...they weren't on your birthday but just different stages of our lives together.     No matter where we were in the world, we always managed to find each other, family adventures.

So I have a funny story for you...as always, things you did carry on.   I had jury duty a couple weeks ago...they give us all a badge to wear with a number...when we get to the courtroom hallway the court clerk announces that she will be calling us by number, not name, easier for them to keep track of us.   I was standing with a few ladies and introduced myself as 4 0 0 3...one of the others was 53 50...I told them the story of you always renaming us and we laughed.   Later after lunch, three of us ended up in the jury box - so I now became 13 and the others were 5 (I had said 7 but 5 reminded me she was 5 not 7, the old guy was 7 :) ) and 14...and through the next day, I called them by their numbers. So silly, yet fun to remember and include the others.

Life is good. I'm on hiatus so continuing the adventure of my documentary making - I'll be making a trip to Mexico next month - perhaps I'll be able to pass through Ajijic and see where we last saw you enjoying life.

Everyone else is doing well too...aches and pains come and go but the laughs continue and always new adventures big and small.   

I wish you were here but there is always something to remind me of you. I know I've said that before but it's true.   Just when I doubt, someone or something shows up to bring you up.  Love it.

Love you lots...Happy, Happy Birthday Pat.  xxoo

Xochi


No comments:

Post a Comment